I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not fake.

I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not fake.
This page is copyrighted by Deborah Dorey Wilson, The Lebanon Truth Seekers. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Maine State Police Remind Us that Studded Snow Tires are Prohibited After May 1st.

A little word of warning from our Maine State Police...........
A lot of things are associated with May 1st. In 1873, the first US postal card was issued. In 1920, Babe Ruth hit his 1st home run as a New York Yankee. (Sorry Boston fans, but you are the ones that let him go) In 1931, the Empire State Building opened. Then, of course, is my personal favorite...May Basket Day!! Do kids still do that? May 1st, however also means something else to your Guardians of the Highway. Yes, it's time to remove your studded tires. I will tell you that studded tires on bare pavement make a very unique sound that police officers everywhere are familiar with.(That's my attempt at a subtle hint) So save our pavement and get those studs off this week. Plus, it's not very good for the studs and makes your car handle like an ocean liner at higher speeds. Drive safe and happy motoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment