I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not fake.

I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not fake.
This page is copyrighted by Deborah Dorey Wilson, The Lebanon Truth Seekers. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Recipe of the Day, Mexican Street Corn.

Here's a GREAT Corn on the Cob recipe that I serve to my family all summer long with RAVE reviews!!

 
 
Since June 11 is National Corn on the Cob Day,
I thought I would share!!

Mexican Street Corn

4 Ears husked Sweet Corn
1 stick Melted Butter
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 lime cut into 6 wedges

Put the husked ears of corn in to a large bowl and drizzle with melted butter.
With your hands, roll the ears around in the butter to be sure they're well coated.
Add Mayonnaise, Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, and Black Pepper to taste.
Roll the ears of corn around in the Mayo and Spice mixture until all the ears are well coated.
Place the ears of corn in aluminum foil and roll them up tightly to be sure none of the butter, mayo or spices can escape.
Place corn on a pre-heated grill, turning once every 2 or 3 minutes so the heat is distributed evenly.
(OR you can place the foil wrapped ears right into the heated embers of a campfire)
Cook for 18 - 20 minutes depending on how well done you like your corn on the cob.
Remove ears of corn to a serving platter and squeeze fresh lime juice liberally onto the ears.
Serve Hot!!


No comments:

Post a Comment