I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not fake.

I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not fake.
This page is copyrighted by Deborah Dorey Wilson, The Lebanon Truth Seekers. All rights reserved.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Lunar Halo is Stunning tonight!!

 
DID YOU SEE IT??
There is an aura around the moon tonight.
Otherwise known as a "LUNAR HALO"
 
November 21, 2015
It’s not really a magically significant event so much as a scientific one. It’s actually a phenomenon known as a lunar halo, and it happens sometimes when moonlight is refracted through ice particles in the earth's atmosphere.
The folks at the Farmer’s Almanac have a great explanation of it, and say, “A lunar halo is caused by the refraction, reflection, and dispersion of light through ice particles suspended within thin, wispy, high altitude cirrus or cirrostratus clouds.
As light passes through these hexagon-shaped ice crystals, it is bent at a 22 degree angle, creating a halo 22 degrees in radius (or 44 degrees in diameter).”
It’s definitely beautiful to look at. From a folkloric standpoint, however, many traditions of weather magic indicate that a ring around the moon means bad weather, rain, snow or other foul atmospheric conditions are on the way.
In general, there is no Wiccan or other Neopagan magical correspondence related to the lunar halo.

Sorry that it's not the greatest photo!! Hopefully someone will have a better one to share!
BUT
You can know that as Deborah sat, staring upward in awe of the amazing weather phenomenon, I could think of nothing else but all of my facebook friends and how very much I've been missing our conversations. I was hoping the aura extended down and touched each one of your lives tonight with a little mystical magic and brightness!!!
Feeling the need to share with someone who could appreciate my "WEIRD" fixation with all things beautiful, I called Windy and, as I figured, she was unaware, but went right outside to view the moon with me. That's what great friends do, even if they're not interested. But Windy WAS and she took the time to explain to me the scientific process that it takes to create a Lunar Halo.
Very Beautiful indeed, very enchanting!!
I  hope you had the chance to see the abnormally large halo around the moon tonight and know that I'm thinking of all my Facebook friends and wishing you all simply the chance to see beautiful things.
~~Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment