I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not fake.

I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not fake.
This page is copyrighted by Deborah Dorey Wilson, The Lebanon Truth Seekers. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Metrocast Experiences System Wide Outage Late Tuesday Evening 6/30/15

 
 
June 30, 2015 proved to be quite a challenge for Metrocast techs all across their internet service area as customers lost all internet beginning at around 8:15 on Tuesday evening.
People up and down the eastern seaboard took to the Smartphones and were keeping one another in contact regarding what time the service went down and how far reaching the outing was.
In a very short amount of time, the Metrocast complaint site reached over 800 comments, from people in Maine, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maryland, Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
Calling the Metrocast phone number was of no help with any answers as Smartphone users stated their frustrations with the lack of Customer Service and the absence of even a recorded message to alert customers to the reason for the problem.
The internet service in Lebanon, Maine came back online around 11:15 last night.
The timing was such that many wondered, including the Lebanon Maine Truth Seekers, if last evening's 8 pm "Leap Second" were to blame.
I contacted Metrocast this morning and the Customer Service Agent I reached answered "There was an outage last night? I don't know. I haven't been in the office that long."
When I asked if she could find out about the reasons behind the entire Metrocast system being down for 3 hours, she said, "Well, I can't. Customer Service doesn't get information on those things, however, maybe Tech Support would know, but you'll have to call back to Tech Support." She went on to tell me that at 8:30 on Wednesday morning, there were over 100 people waiting in the Tech Support HOLD line.
I decided not to wait.
However, a recorded message did give me the information that there WAS an outage last night and if my internet were still not working, gave information on how to reboot my modem.........
 

No comments:

Post a Comment